Shortcuts while in Remote Desktop Connection
NOTE: Please visit our new website at http://www.bestnetworksinc.com
Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 all have a normal set of shortcuts that I normally use in a day by day bases. When we are active in a remote session these keys are no longer the same!
Here is a combination list of these shortcuts. Knowing them will make your life a bit easier.
- CTRL+ALT+END: I use this one to open the Microsoft Windows Task Manager. Locally the key is (CTRL+ALT+DEL)
- ALT+PAGE UP: Switch between programs from left to right (CTRL+PAGE UP). Locally I cycle thru these key combination (ALT+TAB)
- ALT+PAGE DOWN: Switch between programs from right to left (CTRL+PAGE DOWN). Locally I cycle thru these key combination (ALT+TAB)
- ALT+INSERT: Cycle through the programs in most recently used order (ALT+TAB)
- ALT+HOME: Display the Start menu (CTRL+ESC)
- CTRL+ALT+BREAK: Switch the client computer between a window and a full screen
- ALT+DELETE: Display the Windows menu
- CTRL+ALT+Minus sign (-): Place a snapshot of the entire client window area on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing ALT+PRINT SCREEN on a local computer (ALT+PRT SC)
- CTRL+ALT+Plus sign (+): Place a snapshot of the active window in the client on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing PRINT SCREEN on a local computer (PRT SC)